Membership Dues and Application
Printed chamber membership app -
**Resident Membership is targeted to neighborhood residents who want to be in-the-know with the Chamber, but are not representing local business. Resident Members will not have access to business benefits, such as festival discounts, website listing, PR services, etc.
Advocates of chambers of commerce have long believed that when a company is active in its local chamber, it is doing the right thing not only for the community but for its own success as well. While there is plenty of evidence to show the impact of chambers of commerce on their communities, it is much harder to find
data that quantify the impact of belonging to a chamber.
A recent study by the Schapiro Group Inc., commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives with support from Small Business Network, Inc., was designed to do just that: determine the real value of joining and being active in their local chamber of commerce to companies in terms of consumer outcomes. Do consumers really support businesses because they are chamber members?
- Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall. It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., sits on the chamber board), consumers are 12% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition. The consumer indicates he or she believes this because he or she infers trustworthiness, community involvement, and industrial leadership from chamber involvement.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 40% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from that company.
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of the company and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
Discounts only applicable to Basic Business level Membership.